View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 03:12 PM
stevedusa
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you install...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
thanks that was litterally zero help lol no offense meant but come on man if i had a comp to run the .exe via activesync i would but i would like a work around to where i dont have to do that someone said open the .exe in a zip program just curious whats the best way if at all to do it
Oh I know what you mean. Generally speaking some .exe installers is what considered as a self-extracting package. Many archiving software like WinZIP and WinRAR can open these .exe (which is just an archive file with a "shell") and show the files within, which will include cab files that can be used and installed on the WinMo via ActiveSync or by copying it to the phone.

HOWEVER keep in mind that not ALL .exe files are packaged as a self-extract package. Many software developers made their .exe not an archive file with a "shell" which can be read and extracted by an archiving software. Those .exes has to be ran on a PC in order for the cabs to be extracted and installed because the developer made it that way.