View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Sim-X
VIP Member

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X
Re: Best way to watch tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Actually if you set the streamming rate and such manually like I do, and have the capacity for upstream (2mbps up for me at home), the quality is just as good as the others.
hmmmm, I know locally it will do up to 8 megabits - quality is fantastic. It won't let you set it higher than about a megabit if you are not local. At least for me anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
Your the only one going for the hava the specs dont lie but idk keep selling me i love all the input thanks everyone for keeping it on topic too
Trust me get a hava - I had no problems with set up. Better video quality, supports windows media center, mpeg2 for local and mpeg4 for internet. Also you can stream the same stream up to 5 local players at the same time. The sling doesn't do any of that. I have owned both, the hava worked much better and works much better on my older work computer. The remote quality needs some work and I never tried the mobile sling player (which is extra by the way) since I didn't have a smart phone at the time. It does need some work but overall for the price how can anyone possibly argue the facts. The sling didn't work for me and I'm sure people have had problems with the hava. Let's say they have equal amount of setup trouble. The hava still blows the doors off sling feature/quality & cost. The mobile player still not working in landscape mode which sucks but hopefully will be fixed soon.