View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 09:33 PM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fully Working!!! AUTO DATA DISCONNECT after 60 seconds. SAVE BATTERY LIFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
i can tell you from using the setup of having my data connection shut off after 1 min for 2 weeks now, and i had my phone with it on or default for 2 weeks before that. from what i have seen it saves a ton of battery use.
Well, if you actually measure the draw of the connected but idle mode vs not connected, you will see that it is essentially identical. Then measure the draw of re-connecting vs coming out of idle and you will see the draw is much higher, and longer to re-connect then to come out of idle. Net battery loss for anyone who connects often (many times in an hour, for example)

I'm glad it works for you.