View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Beandogg
PPCGeeks Regular

Beandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Active Sync Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
The active sync disable trick that you did keeps active sync from automatically loading on the phone saving memory. It doesn't have anything to do with when you connect the phone to the PC. If I were you, I would plug the phone in while it is on the computer and make it go to the disk drive mode and hit okay. It should pop up in your my computer location as a removable drive. Once that has finished, reopen usb to pc and this time have active sync on and keep the check mark on (I have never had to take it off). After that, it should re-set the connection an active sync should work. If it still doesn't, what you also need to look for is if the computer has active sync already loaded. Best way to do this is hit ctrl+shift+ESC and it will open the task manager. Hit the processes tab, and under Image name (If it is XP) look for wcescomm.exe. If it isn't there, just re-install active sync on the PC.
Thanks for the prompt reply. One of my noob mistakes was to not specify that I was running Vista. I tried the same thing and task manager says wmdc.exe is running. So I'll uninstall it and try it again when I get back home. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.