View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 02:13 AM
LilRico
CyanogenMod

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico
Re: Active Sync Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beandogg View Post
Total Noob here, so I apologize profusely, but I've read the post, almost every page, and done many searches through the site, and can't find the answer. If it has been answered I apologize.

After flashing the Rom, initially the activesync chooser screen came up. I applied the activesync tweak to keep activesync from starting automatically, and that worked. The screen would still show up when I plugged my phone in.

After a couple of days, now the screen doesn't show up at all, even though the settings>connections>usb to pc has the ask about connection type when I connect checked and the enable advanced network functionality is not checked.

Now I can't activesync, is there a way to get that screen to reappear?
The active sync disable trick that you did keeps active sync from automatically loading on the phone saving memory. It doesn't have anything to do with when you connect the phone to the PC. If I were you, I would plug the phone in while it is on the computer and make it go to the disk drive mode and hit okay. It should pop up in your my computer location as a removable drive. Once that has finished, reopen usb to pc and this time have active sync on and keep the check mark on (I have never had to take it off). After that, it should re-set the connection an active sync should work. If it still doesn't, what you also need to look for is if the computer has active sync already loaded. Best way to do this is hit ctrl+shift+ESC and it will open the task manager. Hit the processes tab, and under Image name (If it is XP) look for wcescomm.exe. If it isn't there, just re-install active sync on the PC.