View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 08:47 PM
xgm541
PPCGeeks Regular

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Brutally Honest 1st Impressions - Epic Fail

I completely disagree with the first post. I dont know why you would call it an epic fail if so many people are actually satisfied with their phones. Yes, the iphone works great out the box, but I, as well as most people on ppcgeeks like to customize their phones, which is why we are here in the first place.

As for tweaking, I used my phone for about a month before i did any tweaking whatsoever. It rang. I could send text messages. Oh and i could do MMS without installing extra software. I got my email. Could browse the internet. It worked.

And about costs, uh didnt the original iphone cost an outrageous amount for an inferior device which couldnt get 3g service.. which my WM based phone was able to do for years? I was actually sitting the night before the release just wondering what the big deal was about, heck, i was downloading at 3g speeds for so long, but yet these "apple fangirls" as i like to call them screamed and we their panties just to get what had been a norm for me.

I guess the above post is correct. There are two kinds of people. People who like to experiment with their phones, and see whats good for them, or people who like a phone which is good "as is" in which you cant even change the battery manually. But hey, i guess I am the one who likes to sit down on PPCgeeks or XDA occasionally and check what new software or tweak i can get.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by xgm541; 01-26-2009 at 08:50 PM.