View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 PM
electronicrice
Android Groupie

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice
Re: Brutally Honest 1st Impressions - Epic Fail

The problem I have with posts like this is that for most of the people that have problems with the phone and constantly compare it to the iPhone, are those types of people that HAVE to find something to nitpick about. They can never be happy with anything they're given.

The Touch Pro, as advanced as it is in comparison to the Mogul, still runs Windows Mobile, which is inherently buggy. Each new release usually brings fixes, but can often times break other components. That's why there are ROM chefs abound porting and tweaking and fixing the Windows Mobile OS for everyone else. If you really are inclined to compare it to an iPhone, then seriously just exchange it or sell it or whatever and invest in the Apple product, because you're probably going to be happier in the short term. You knew what you were getting into with the software.

I've never personally ever had problems making and receiving calls on this, or any other HTC device that came straight out of the box. I've had several replacements because of either damage I caused or a cosmetic defect and they have each worked exactly as they should, on stock software no less. The phone makes calls, it receives them and does all of the other things it is supposed to do. Just because someone calls you, and you don't hear the phone ring in exactly .0623116309 seconds doesn't mean it's a piece of crap.

HTC made a great device and the phone is solid. The software could use some work, but over all it does what it should.