View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 11:34 AM
thestick00
PPCGeeks Regular

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thestick00
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
I am completely new to even having a PPC let alone sticking custom ROM on one. I am considering using the JUGG ROM but am concerned about a couple things.
1) When I flash it, will I lose all the apps that I already installed?
2) I see posts saying that there are sleep issues and not being able to make calls. Are these valid bugs and are there more that I should be aware of?
3) Is the ROM complete? Do I need to add any other programs to have all the functionality of the stock ROM?
1) yes, you will lose the apps you already installed, but not always. If you install apps to your device and then flash....Yup, they are gone. If you flash to your SD card, they remain on the SD card, but the shortcut to them in your programs of your device is gone (easy fix, copy the exe from your SD card and paste the SHORTCUT to your start menu program files). PM me if you have questions. But more importantly, I would just advice you to keep copies of the cab files you find yourself needing. I have a copy of each cab I install in like 3 places.

2)3) This rom is amazing, and complete. There are always updates that a chef (in this case Juggs) will add in the new release, but this is FULLY functional and pretty darn amazing. Do some research as to how to flash (there is a sticky on it) and once you are ready, flash your TP. Good Luck!

If this has helped you at all, please hit that little green thanks button.