View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 07:50 AM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Use light sensor to turn screen off while on call

Quote:
Originally Posted by amart79196 View Post
Does it have to do with the HTC Dialer?
It definitely does when you're on Verizon. I have a Sprint TP running the leaked vz ROM. If I use the HTC dialer, the screen goes totally black (not dimmed) as soon as you put your phone to your ear during an incoming call. If you need it lit for any reason, you have to push the power button & it will light up & stay on at that point.

I don't use the HTC dialer (although I would like to). I use the WinMo dialer with a custom skin as it rings a full two (sometimes three) rings sooner on an incoming call & that's important to me. Using the WinMo dialer skin, the screen does not dim or go out on an incoming call.

~John