View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 02:33 PM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Leaked Sprint v2.0.1.3 Custom Rom w/uc Updated 1/22/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Thanks.

Honestly this is one of the best roms already! I have been running this since last night and it is stable as can be. No freezing issues I can tell like the leaked rom. I was constantly freezing on the leaked rom when in the tf photos or sprint tv tab. The display and icons are very cool, take a little time to get used to but definitely unique. Battery life has been very good as well on this rom. I paired it up with the 1.11 radio and it seems to work very well with data speeds/good voice quality.
Why thanks, That's the radio that I'm using too and haven't had any of the issues that I've read about.

Quote:
couple things I wanted to ask you about.

*Have you considered adding java for the Opera mini fans out there. I have a pretty good vga jbed that I will attach for your review. You can change the fonts on this one to a reasonable size and it doesn't crash.
*Also, I was curious of your reason for taking out the latest opera mobile release that was in the leaked rom,was it buggy?
*I noticed a memory leak or maybe opera is not fully closing (real exit) because I start out around 34% Program memory and within a hour or so I was running up over 54%. I have a cab for this as well you like that should exit opera completely. It seemed like memory was not going back down after exiting opera. Not a big deal though unless it affects performance.
*One last thing, is flashvideobundle on 1.3 or just 1.4? I do not see it as it usually creates an "video" icon in the programs.
Here is my findings when doing the same with Opera then resetting and with PIE
...........Before . After opening .... after closing
Opera: ..71.18 ..... 76.06 ............. 76.01 (memory usage)
PIE: ......69.2 ...... 72.2 ............... 71.52

So there may be something opening when these programs open. Probably when it initiates that internet connection. DotFred Taskmanager works well for this, for me, It's not a concern right now but I'll keep an eye on it...And newer opera, that's what I'm gonna test when I get off. But I'm all for stable, not newest...If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And opera mini, I've got UC included you can add it through there. I'll look at it today, but I think the new java kills the stock sprint apps...

And flashvideobundle is not in v1.3, but is in v1.4.

Quote:
I was planning on trying out 1.4 but 1.3 is working great for me very well. I guess I would like to see what is included in the cleaner version as well. Honestly I dont mind the loaded up version. I still have 32 mb after loading my software but alot of people would prefer a release with more space.
Check the first post for clean version contents, pink is not included in the clean one. This rom is quick because most of the stuff I included is a seperate app and doesn't load at startup, otherwise, if the memory is there use it!

This post has been thanked 2 times.