View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 11:01 PM
intx
intx is the sexiest VIP

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx
Re: [ROM][WWE]01-21-2009 Jmz Sprint Rom 3.6 CE OS 5.2.21109

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
The main reason I don't use No2Chem's RapidCharge is because there is so much controversy regarding the usage of it. Even No2Chem says to not activate it automatically on a rom because there is a chance it could hurt a usb port on some computers. Too much trouble for me. The battery also lasts all day for me when the stock one would last about 3-4 hours. I only have to charge when I go to sleep.

I really don't know why I added landscape manila. I could prolly get more memory available if I got rid of it. I will look into getting rid of it.

I will also check into that program.

If you get 3.6 the music tab is back, shortcuts fixed, and sped up a bit in the manila world.
I understand where you are coming from with the Rapidcharge, the only issue I have is I generally talk on the phone with my girlfriend every night from about 10 PM - 3 AM, and when talking the discharge is higher than the charge and the phone eventually dies, a big hassle.

I really would recommend losing the landscape manila, I thought it would be awesome but I've found it virtually worthless on 3.0 and 3.5, and more memory is always a major plus.

I deleted those shortcuts myself, and the music tab is no biggy as I'm really into S2P now.

However as I said the ROM is extremely quick and I'm really digging it, great work.

Kinda a trivial thing: Why does every ROM creater cook Google Maps into their ROM? I've found Live Search to be soooo much easier and more effective, iunno. It's trivial.

One last thing, is Flash supposed to be working in this ROM? I tried the other day and got no flash support, might just be a setting or something?

EDIT: Only reason I'm not flashing up to 3.6 is due to my majorly slow download speeds(15 kb/s >_<) and it's a pain in the ***, I'd rather save myself a hard reset(considering getting this 3.5 setup took forever, and its virutally perfect) so i'll wait to the next major release.

EDIT2: And it looks like you're done with it from 3.0, but the "CleanTemp" program messed me up, badly. I ran it a few times without issues, but the last time I ran it before flashing to 3.5, it completely formatted my Internal Storage back to default(completely, all that survived was one file from TouchPal), and all of my main memory back to default, it was very very bad and a major problem. I just wanted to give you a heads up incase you were thinking of adding it back in.

Last edited by intx; 01-22-2009 at 11:13 PM.