Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegax
The majority of sprint techs down know HOW to create roms and they use your usb to do test on them. So they cant do a test so minus the boot screen they can prove nothing. Just say you reset the "wallpaper". That line worked for me.

You could always make your rom fail by deleting system files. It will not function at all therefore they must replace it.
Well, actually that wont work, Ive tried that for fun before... The system will continue to run, But all you can pretty much do is stare at the today screen or make calls... Everything else gets nuked... Also, a tech can easily put the phone in bootloader mode when people come in with messed up ROMS so that is an easy fix for them... But no usb connection, That outta be a challenge... I hope they have some spare parts laying around...

EDIT: Araaaaagggghhh, The local store is closed on sundays! well, That suxorz!
I think I've seen this issue before. It occured when I messed things up in my custom ROM related to Activesync on the phone. Basically, Activesync wouldn't start on the phone, so no USB connection would be made.

You should be able to test if this is the problem in your case by trying to launch Activesync on the phone. If it comes up normally then there may be something else wrong, but if it doesn't start then this is definitely your problem.

To work around this I had to:
-Revise my ROM to fix the issues with Activesync (caused by mucking with stuff in the SYS folder)
-Put the phone in bootloader mode (power+note+sylus reset)
-Reflash with the corrected ROM
Even in bootloader 2.02 it wont recognize a usb connection, So its not related to a bad flash (the last bug in my custom rom was related to ring tones, active sync was working fine)