View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 11:56 AM
bigben
PPCGeeks Regular

bigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trying to love the Omnia but its hard

I have been a WinMo user since the beginning. You name the device and I've had it or some variant - it is part of my job. I've also begun supporting the iPhone.

I truly prefer WinMo and I'd really love to use the Omnia but!!!

It just seems like it isn't a touch based machine or stylus based machine (a goofy stylus on a string included - GOOFY).

I've tried to love it - installed the hacks but still some nagging issues.
-Small control screen at the top - difficult to use "X" button.
-Silverinbox would make touch email great but it is buggy and freezes.
-Keyboard sucks
-GPS is locked up (should be unlocked sometime in the next 5 months now - but locked up today)
-etc

Now the iPhone truly has it spots - no bluetooth A2DP; no copy, cut, paste; no MMS; limited mass email delete, Itunes sync only, etc. But!!! it also has a terrific GUI.

I am not asking for an Iphone GUI, but I would like to either have touch based machine or stylus based machine (with a stylus).

Sorry for the rant - but I've worked pretty hard at trying to like this machine complete with it's great battery life. But I fear the experience is slipping through my hands back to a Touch Pro or Iphone.

Last edited by bigben; 01-19-2009 at 11:58 AM.