View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 03:31 AM
DSGamer
PPCGeeks Regular

DSGamer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2 months+ later are you satisfied?

The problem with the "touch" aspect of the HTC Touch Pro is that it isn't a capacitive touchscreen. So unlike the G1, the iPhone, the Pre when it releases, and other modern phones it doesn't respond as well as you'd like the phone to respond. Windows Mobile is partly to blame, but the screen type is partly to blame as well.

As far as missing the hard buttons, etc. I'm not sure what to tell you. I've been on a Touch Pro, then a Palm Centro and I'm going back to a Touch Pro soon. Main reason being that because of programming/shifting on a new bike/other things I do with my thumbs, I've developed tendonitis in my thumbs. A phone that has almost complete voice control like the Touch Pro and an interface that can largely be interacted with via the touch screen is tempting me again.
PDA/Smartphone History: Casio Cassiopeia A-10 -> HP Jornada 430 -> HP Jornada 720 -> HP Joranda 545 -> HP Jornada 720 -> Compaq iPaq 3760 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Zire 31 -> Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro -> T-Mobile G1 -> HTC Touch Pro -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro