View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 09:39 PM
MrGoodtunes
Halfway to VIP Status

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using a 16gb microSD card in the vogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFdragon View Post
...totally corrupted...
Outch! SanDisk has a 5 year guarantee via retailer. Hopefully, whoever you bought it from has an easy on-line form you can fill out and submit. That's what I've had to do a couple of times, though those were 4 giggers, and it was more than a year ago. In both cases, the card was replaced. Still, it leaves you worried that the replacement could die just as quickly. So before putting the new card to use, I made a bunch of changes in how and what I use the card for and in, changes in my desktop PC driver settings for USB transfers, changes in apps on my Touch so they no longer automatically save to card, e.g. camera pics go to internal storage. I can move files to the card if/when desired. Since then, no card corruption here at all (hands folded, praying my good streak continues with the 8 gig card now in use as well as the 16er that I'll spring for in near future).