View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 03:04 PM
lazer9
PPCGeeks Regular

lazer9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia's main storage continues to shrink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
lazer9....if you can get to the Omnia programs screen you should be able to do a bit of repair work. Aleis had a VERY good suggestion in Memmaid, but either way this goes (and like him, I would delete both files) I would seriously look into a backup app (SPB and RESCO are the biggies). I use SPB backup, and if you do a full system backup before any tweaks or installs you won't be caught like this, it would be so easy at this point to do a hard reset and in just a couple minutes fully restore your PPC to the point it was at right before the glitch occurred, saving you hours of work and frustration!!!!

http://beta.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/
Thanks and good suggestion. I will be looking into a backup and/or safe mode app. Finally had to resort to a "hard reset" as even though I could access some things w/ the buttons, there was no way to engage the commands to fully run or install any cabs as in pressing the OK at bottom left - button there just brought up my phone everytime and joystick would not toggle no way to highlight or select.