View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 11:03 PM
RONMAC
Halfway to VIP Status

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
What are you even using HTC GPS Tool for? Also, at least for me, there's no need to change any settings in HTC GPS Tool to get a lock.

Have you installed QGPS? That's what's important to have. Once you have that, you are pretty much looking at 5-30 seconds locks in any GPS enabled program.

Lastly, to follow up on my post just above, Q(uick)GPS does fit all of the criteria that I said would be important for an aGPS release. It's reversible, uses no battery and is easy to apply.

You would have to update QGPS everytime you start in a new location. I've noticed that if I check the GPS in the same location everytime, I get a pretty quick lock. If I try to lock in a different location in the city, it will take me a while to get a lock sometimes it will be 2 minutes before I get a good lock.

That being said, would it be tru that you would have to update QGPS whenever you start the GPS radio in a new location?

To me, that is aGPS done manually, whereas true aGPS would have all this done automatically when the GPS radio is accessed by any of the software we are using.

6 to one, half dozen to the other i guess but I can see both sides.