Thread: TouchPro Webcam
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 04:35 PM
dvdmon
PPCGeeks Regular

dvdmon is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to dvdmon Send a message via AIM to dvdmon Send a message via MSN to dvdmon Send a message via Yahoo to dvdmon Send a message via Skype™ to dvdmon
Re: TouchPro Webcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwknt View Post
I use QIK it works well - the problem I have is that if it times out / screen lock turns on the camera / program stops broadcasting..

Is there any webcam app that would work even if the screen goes into lock mode?

I've not had this problem but QIK does seem to make my TP very sluggish and hot, or maybe it's just the video camera. Half the time I'll have to do a soft reset because things become so bad that it's unusable.

I haven't tried livecast so I'll see how it compares. QIK has some nice functionality on the viewer side as well - in addition to inviting people to your QIK group in order to view your videos on QIK.com (or you can just make your open and provide an easy link), you can also provide access to a private stream through your Facebook profile if you have one.

The quality is generally pretty poor, I've found, but maybe this is a problem in my camera settings? Basically I find that the video is pretty laggy, so you get someone talking but the video is constantly trying to "catch up" to the audio...