View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 PM
cornelious2
Blabber mouth

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ATI Driver for Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
No, no, no, that's not how it works at all. These image capture devices cannot stream full-resolution images fast enough to be displayed in the viewfinder or saved as video. Few devices intended for still capture can capture at their full still resolution at video framerates. There are distinct preview and capture modes, each of which utilize the sensor differently.

Speeding up or slowing down the preview function has NOTHING to do with the still capture functionality of the camera. You would NEVER want the exposuring of the still camera function to be tied in any way to the processing speed or display speed of the device. You simply cannot get decent photographs like that ... cameras just do not work that way. You would see exposure problems in the images.

You cannot significantly change the camera's effective shutter speed with no other compensation and get proper exposuring.
I am not talking about the preview, I am talking about processing the IMAGE from the sensor into storage. IE drawing the picture into a sortable format quicker means less exposure time needed to the sensor.

n. pl. vid·e·os
The appearance of text and graphics on a video display.

not talking about motion video