View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 04:38 PM
dr g
Regular 'Geeker

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ATI Driver for Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
Sorry missing the point again. a camera takes a point in time frame of a video and since it is digital has to process the information into a format in this case primarily jpeg. If it has poor video processing performance it cannot grab all of the information fast enough thusly extending the exposure and bluring all but the steadiest of subjects. that is exactly how I can turn a 20 dollar web cam into something that performs near the level of my 300 dollar digital camera. An image is the same thing as a really short video from the terms of processing.

*note* I tried the driver and having someone time the time it takes from focus to snap it shaved about an eight of a second off the shot in medium light. noticable but not significant enough if it slows down literally any other part of the phone since the camera is still not quite useable.
No, no, no, that's not how it works at all. These image capture devices cannot stream full-resolution images fast enough to be displayed in the viewfinder or saved as video. Few devices intended for still capture can capture at their full still resolution at video framerates. There are distinct preview and capture modes, each of which utilize the sensor differently.

Speeding up or slowing down the preview function has NOTHING to do with the still capture functionality of the camera. You would NEVER want the exposuring of the still camera function to be tied in any way to the processing speed or display speed of the device. You simply cannot get decent photographs like that ... cameras just do not work that way. You would see exposure problems in the images.

You cannot significantly change the camera's effective shutter speed with no other compensation and get proper exposuring.

Last edited by dr g; 01-07-2009 at 04:41 PM.