View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 10:20 PM
04orgzx6r
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Set Up Visual Voicemail on your Sprint TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
What you are describing here isn't 100% accurate. Having Sprint set your call forwarding to "Conditional" will still result in you being charged .20/min. From the way you wrote this, it seems you do not entirely understand the difference between conditional and unconditional call forwarding. Unconditional results in ALL of your incoming calls being forwarded to a specific number. Conditional results in calls being forwarded under certain conditions, such as busy or no answer. No matter which type is used, Sprint does charge for call forwarding. The only conceivable way you could get this to work without Sprint charging would be to have them go into one of their systems and change the default number that goes to Sprint voicemail. This is different than having them set call forwarding. I have spoken to two different Tier 2 tech support supervisors who have told me that it is against Sprint policy to change the default voicemail number. Yes, it can and probably has been done by some reps, but they are not supposed to. Therefore, your mileage may vary attempting to get this working for free.
Maybe I wasn't clear but I completely understand what is happening, let me restate........call forwarding, don't even mention it to the rep....
It is the same thing as your sprint voicemail, they just have to change the number. Your voicemail does this very same thing, do you get charged for it?

I believe clearly stated that you have to have them change the default voice mail number to 813-200-0200, the rep I talked to did not have a problem doing this, neither did the second rep when I called back to confirm the settings were correct....
I stated it the way I did because I wanted to translate the terms as easily as possibly to you guys and the sprint reps...

What happens on Sprints side is that they have to delete your default sprint voicemail service and they have to set up a new one.(don't worry because they can just redo it if you don't like it, I asked). Then they have to set up a new one going to the # 813-200-0200, when they do that, they have some options called No answer, Busy, and Unavailable, these have to all be set to Conditional because if they aren't then as you said, they will be automatically forwarded to that number, and for that you will get charged.
Don't ask me how, because I understand it is technically doing the same thing after it goes through Busy, unavailable ect....but something in there system recognizes that that is for voicemail and you DO NOT GET CHARGED...

SO yes this IS FREE AS LONG AS YOU Have it set up correctly!!!
However, try this at your own risk, it is free for me and many others who have set it up correctly, and even if they somehow mess it up, the most it is not like the charges are going to be outrageous, just make sure you call tem, have it credited back and then fix it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.