View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:42 PM
gullzway
VFW Member

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone switched from Touch to Touch Pro through insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Just an update on the topic.
After 2.5 hours at the Sprint Repair Store, they finally agreed that my Touch needed replaced. The charger port no longer worked. They said they would order a new one and it would be in in a few days. I pointed out the Replacement/Repair conditions say they will repair or replace it with a comparable model and that is what I wanted. They said they will only replace it with a different model if the original is no longer available. No Luck!
I'll just have to see now if it is a crappy refurb, the broken one I have now was a refurb from a month ago that came with a dark spot on the screen. Oh well, they'll eventually run out of Touch's, if not hopefully a new HTC phone will be out next year that I feel is actually worth $300 and a 2 yr contract extension (TouchHD anyone.)
Got my replacement Touch. It came in a white box so looks to be a refurb, but it looks brand new, no defects, perfect screen. Had the new 6.1 GPS Rom already on it. Unlocked it and flashed "Revised 12/31/08 Vogue Rom with New IE6 base 3.14." Rom, running smoother than ever! Not sure why but it came with a new "Motorola" wall charger.