View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Whosdaman
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: [UPDATED 9/30/08] v1.6 WDM's M2D Diamond ROM w/ UC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopdloop View Post
Another huge thanks for this ROM, WDM! I've tried all the other ROMs here, and nothing else has been as slick, stable, and out-of-the-box unproblematic.

That said, it's a fragile combination that takes WM6.1 to the edge of what it can do, and I find if I tinker too much I lose the magic (as you surely found with 1.7). A few questions for those still coming to this thread...

1) Has anyone had luck updating any of the core OEMs in 1.6? In particular I'd like to know what keyboard people are using. The one in 1.6 is the best I'd used yet, but the T9 settings frequently give me double words.

I've heard the "Diamond Keyboard" that was to be in 1.7 is a big improvement (although it looks exactly like the one included in WDM 1.6 to me...). I couldn't install the BJK_HTC_EzInput one due to permission issues (yes, I soft reset and terminiated conn manager). Trying gullum now.

2) I've had bad data errors using (really, abusing) RSS Hub, requiring me to delete the data directory. Anyone using it very heavily without that trouble? I'm about to try a new one, pRSSreader, which synchs with Google Reader! Hope it works.

3) Is anyone able to get GAlarm to show up in the clock?

4) Is it possible to upgrade or remove apps that are in the ROM?

5) Will Sprite Backup backup my new software as well as my data? Once I get everything just right, I'd love to be in a position where (if needed) I can hard reset and restore a backup that included these additional apps.

thanks!
1) Was going to be fixed....but 1.7 crashed