View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Glossman
Regular 'Geeker

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Attention ROM Junkies: Beta Testers Needed for Future ROM Releases

I'm looking for a handful (5 -6) of brave folks who are willing to Beta test future releases of Blue ROM and other interesting things that I have coming down the pipe.

I've been cooking ROMs personally for quite a while, but the Blue ROMs are my first public releases. After a few early glitches, the series has been quite successful.

In order to prevent future bugs from getting into the community, I've decided to implement a process, in which one phase is a 1 or 2 day beta for every public release candidate.

So, if you're interested, please shoot me a PM.

I do ask that you keep the following things in mind:

1. This is bleeding edge stuff. When you get a build from me for Beta testing, it only means that I didn't have any major issues on MY phone. This, of course, doesn't mean that you won't see issues with yours. That's the idea behind Beta...To make sure the ROM works under a wide variety of circumstances.

2. When reporting an issue or incident, you will need to provide details about what you were doing when it surfaced, any additional programs you've added to the phone, and indicate the steps to reproduce the bug.

3. I ask that volunteers have at least a basic aptitude for flashing and some knowledge of ROM cooking. You don't need to be an expert, I just need you to know enough so I don't have to tell you to let the UCs run!

So, if none of this scares you off, please PM me, and I'll give you more details.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)