View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 01:24 AM
banzaiwolfe
Almost a VIP

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
[7/3/09 Added Semi-Transparent BG Post #3] Modded VGA HTC Home w/ Basic HHC Support

Modded VGA HTC Home with Basic HTC Home Customizer Support

PLEASE HIT THANKS IF THIS IS HELPFUL TO YOU

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your phone

Change log can now be found at the bottom of this post.

First of all, yes, I know there are a couple VGA compatible versions of HTC Home floating around the forums. The version of HTC Home offered here is a combination of the two files from HTC Home Plugin for VGA.zip from this post by TreyBeno into a single cab, along with a hex edit to change the image directory from \Windows to \HTCHome, and new clock images. I started a thread so that I could keep all of the stuff I worked on together, and to try and keep the info condensed.

What this version offers:
  • Less cluttered Windows directory, since all images are in \HTCHome
  • Single install file
  • Custom cities for weather (I edited the default HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml to only include the listed US and Canadian cities, but you can add your own)
  • Basic compatibility with HTC Home Customizer
  • Custom images for HTC Home (currently only a couple clocks are available)
  • Separate download for HHC that has the QVGA files removed/VGA clocks added
  • HTC Home tabs that can be added or removed from either Settings -> Today, or HHC.
  • Weather is defaulted to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius
Current issues (probably I can't fix):
  • The preview for HHC is squished into the upper left
  • Downloads and Previews tabs in HHC are useless since all of those files would be for QVGA
  • Settings -> Today -> HTC Home, the tab setup screen is QVGA size instead of VGA size.
  • Maybe more...? I have not tested the music tab, as I don't use it.

The version of HHC attached below includes the original digital clock, brushstrokes, and alien round in VGA. If more clocks and/or other images become available I can update the installer with them.

Installation Instructions:
  • If you do not already have it installed, you may need to install sdkcerts.cab for this to work properly.
  • Install Banzai HTC Home VGA.cab
  • (Optional) Install HHC VGA.cab (Please note that this is simply the QVGA version with VGA files, so the program itself isn't supported. The program was originally created by emunutz).
Please let me know of any issues with this, I'll see if anything can be done about it.

Code:
Changelog:

June 21, 2009
[+] Added transparent bg (post #3)

March 21, 2009
[+] Added icon set with colors on selected items.

March 10, 2009
[+] Added a manila-ish white clock, calling it WhiteFlip.

January 23rd, 2009
[=] Uploaded the zip files for the clocks again

January 5th, 2009
[=] Changelog started
[=] Edited original .zip files to be more compatible with HHC
[+] Added OldEnglish clock theme

January 4th, 2009
[=] Original release
Attached Files
File Type: cab HHC VGA.CAB (4.21 MB, 523 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Banzai HTC Home VGA.CAB (3.42 MB, 576 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab sdkcerts.cab (4.6 KB, 304 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by banzaiwolfe; 07-03-2009 at 05:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 42 times.