View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 12:43 AM
adipose
Lurker

adipose is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

bored, thank you for this, it works great.

I have a slight problem, I have a verizonized sprint touch pro. Unfortunately, I ran your PPST step but I don't think it was necessary. The result is my banner is totally dead. I have reflashed PRL and even reinstalled my verizon rom, but it stays the same. Is there something I can change to get it back how it was?

-Dan

---------------------------edit-------------------------------

I got it working. But first I made it worse. I tried activating my old phone and coming back. But the new PRI installed by bored's CAB prevented me from reactivating! Finally I got a compatible PRI on there by installing:

Hermann_C_SPRINT_WWE_1.03.651.4_RS1.03.15F_SPCS_1. 53_0909_PRL60613_Ship.exe (sprint shipped rom for touchpro) (actually at this stage my phone activated without me even running *228 again!) and then
RUU_Raphael_C_VZW_WWE_1.03.605.4_Opera2392_RS_6150 21_VZW_1.03.03V_1.46_51064_Ship.exe (verizon leaked rom) (for curious, NO, you cannot skip the sprint ROM. The verizon ROM does not restore the PRI, I only installed it because that's what I wanted on the phone)

At that stage I had to restore a couple of the verizonizing settings (read: things editable in QPST must be rechecked) for everything to work. But the PRI was fixed. So apparently the Sprint ROM restores the Sprint PRI.

So, for a verizonized Sprint TouchPro, to get GPS, do the following:

open QPST, go to gpsone, change to following:
ip: 66.174.95.132
port: 8888
pde transport: ip
position calculation: pde

2. install bored's cab file

Do NOT run PPST.exe. First, it hoses your banner so it is always blank (not a big deal). Worse, it prevents you from reactivating or reprogramming your phone with Verizon. If you do it, follow the above procedure to restore to a valid PRI.

-Dan
---------------------------edit-------------------------------

Last edited by adipose; 01-05-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: fixed problem