View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
syrguy1969
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A challenge to all gurus: Help me keep my phone!

In reading this thread, a few things come to mind:

Please be careful in using any tweaks or changes made for the i900. The i910 (American VZW version) Is just different enough that nothing is a given, so please do a backup before attempting anything. I have seen a lot of bricking due to flashing i900 ROMs and some tweaks not working out as described!!

If iContact doesn't work as you intend, another cool one is PocketCM:
http://pocketcm.com/contact.php

It works great on the Omnia and it includes a threaded SMS part that I like MUCH better than the WM version, it is free (or you can donate) and is always being tweaked + supported!

The lock tweak while in a call does work, but it disables certain icons on the dialer screen (along the right side if I remember correctly) so it wasn't worth it to me!

Adrynalyne is covering your questions pretty well, but in case either one of you want to do more reading/finding about tweaks, I started a thread where I am trying to get them all in one place, and there are a lot of them listed along with resources, and hopefully a lot more to come!! (please let me know if you know of any not listed so I can add them to the top)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51532