View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 07:23 PM
wtherrell
N00b

wtherrell is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia vs. Iphone

Omnia and WinMo are for folks who like to customize and mod their phones to make them look better, work better, and do much more than they did out-of-the box. Plus, the Winmo especially in the Omnia version is much more versatile than the iPhone. I tried an iPhone for about a week and did not like it. Took it back. Besides being a poor phone (or maybe it's ATT network) it simply did not have the PDA functions I was looking for. No sync of Outlook tasks for example. You cannot charge an extra battery and swap out when needed. No cut and paste. You can only put apps on it that the Arrogant Mr. Jobs says you can put on it. It is a Toy, not a serious business phone. The Omnia brings together both the serious business phone, and the fun and play factor. For example, in addition to all the music and FM radio enjoyment, Divx videos, I have read you can mod it to play many Nintendo games. For versatility, ease of use, customization of user experience the Omnia at present rules the roost.

Let the iPhools of the world go merrily on their way, but I won't be among them.

Wait until tomorrow to procrastinate