Old 01-02-2009, 11:10 AM
doseman
Lurker
Threadstarter

doseman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia vs. Iphone

First to answer the question as to why I posted in this forum. I like many of you, resisted the notion of getting an apple device , really just because I decided in my own mind that I didn't want to "jump on the bandwagon" with everyone else.

I thought I would share my thoughts with everyone, now that I finally conceded that if you can't beat them, join them (and the fact that I'm happy i did).

Regarding 'customization' , yes Winmo seems more customizeable, but you really shouldn't have to spend all day "Customizing" the phone and trying to make it more finger friendly.

The battery is a good point, but I'll cross that bridge probably next year.

Regarding AT&T - I thought the same thing about the network shortcomings, but I live in Atlanta and frequently travel the east coast on business.
In Atlanta since I've had the phone (4 days now) , I haven't had a single dropped call yet. That being said, we'll see how well the network works as I travel.

Regarding the phone itself. The phone keypad makes the iphone much easier and more intuitive. I asked my wife to pick up the Iphone and make a phonecall. She did it on the first go. This was not tha case with the Omnia. During the same exercise on the omnia she needed to hit (#) and the in-call lock and little tiny 'keypad' in the bottom menu definately perplexed and frustrated her (to which she replied, "why does this thing have to be so complicated?"
Lastly, I would like to add that the Omnia's voicemail and missed call notification is also very poor. On the Omnia, I frequently missed that I had pending voicemails. Huge design flaw.
This is why I ask the same question back to you "What good is a phone if you can't use it as such?"

Again , I am not trying to aggravate anyone, but simply voice an opinion which I thought others may find interesting. This is after all , a 'forum'.

Last edited by doseman; 01-02-2009 at 11:21 AM.