Thread: iphone os
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 10:29 PM
bigben
PPCGeeks Regular

bigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iphone os

It's not so much the interface as it is the responsiveness.

Forget Apple vs WM - I've owned both and won't beat that issue either.

Not sure how many Iphone users have taken the time to really use a WM Touch Pro or for that matter how many WM users have really used an Iphone.

I provide user support for both of these for my company. Gotten lots of time on both. The easiest device to support is the Iphone. Without jail breaking the Iphones, it is fairly well locked down.

Once you jail break an Iphone you can begin to modify it similar to the WM phones. The WM phones don't have some of the inherent limitations of the Iphone. What the Iphone DOES have is responsiveness!!!

If we could get TF3D to be as responsive as the Iphone, for my money, the WM is the better device. If the method to get this responsiveness is Android, I'll do what I can to support the port.

Just a footnote, Iphone users are a curious lot - feeling superior without being techocrats - just because of the slick UI. On the other hand, WM users feel superior because for the most part because they are very sophisticated technocrats. Both often miss the strengths of the other machine - too bad.