View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 05:53 PM
syrguy1969
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia vs. Iphone

I respect your choice and opinion, but I just wanted to point our a few things:

1- Omnia had never been advertized as an iphone 'killer' That is a moniker reviewers and marketing place on any new device that even vaguelly resembles the iphone.

2- The Omnia is actually very finger friendly. I am a past Treo user and never thought my pudgy digits could adapt to no physical keyboard, but not only have I adapted, the only time I ever see my stylus is when I need a reset and don't have a paper clip handy LOL!!! (I do agree fully with youe description of the stylus..I hate it as well)

3- The screen isn't as sensitive as some other devices out there, I have the iTouch, and have used the iphone, and yes the screen is a bit larger, and I will admit a lot better resolution, but the iphone is very frustrating to use, and usually needs more than one touch to get things going.

4- The iphone app-store is a good idea that WM is developing as well, but as far as the quantity, you have to keep in mind the g-sensor is still relatively new in the WM realm, and there are admittedly not as many apps out there, but in time, there will be just as many and anywhere from free to the obnoxiously priced (like we need more of them)!!!

5- There are admittedly apps that are unique to or just run better on the iphone, but there are also the ones that run better on WM, that will happen. As for a keyboard, Omnia's works well and you can turn auto-correct off. I use a RESCO because the buttons are a bit larger and actually work like iphone's!!

6- A lock? I agree the in-call one is irritating, so I will give you that one. For a device lock though...I use A_C's S2U2 and it may be based on iphones, but it actually does more and is more customizable than the iphone's.

Just like anything else in life, the iphone is for some, the Omnia for others, and the same for any other device out there, so good luck with your choice, and please feel free to stop in and compare or see what is going on in the WM world!!!

Thanks for the input!!!