View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 03:43 PM
slmclarengt
PPCGeeks Regular

slmclarengt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Dec 30 \ OS 5.2.20954 v3.8 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Calcu, I have been using your ROM for maybe a week or two along with your kitchen. I had been using other ROMs before switching to yours but recently I had only problems with every ROM of yours (from 3.7 to 3.8 including ROMs I built in your kitchen). Particularly incredible instability and hard resets when I soft reset, complete loss of Windows Mobile as a whole (only POST but never boot), Defunct OS (Start Menu suddenly only had "Today/Programs/Settings" NO other items). I hard reset, soft reset, re-flashed (using Bootloader because OSes all failed too horribly to boot), had errors like "program won't open", significant slowness and freezing.

I cannot count on two hands how many hours I have spent troubleshooting my phone, but I do know once I loaded the Sprint Stock ROM again, suddenly it was reliable and stable, but I don't know WHY! I may try other ROMs soon again to see if it was related to the OSes or perhaps the unlocker (Cmonex's).

For now, I'm working with the Sprint stock ROM and it actually is quite responsive compared to my recent ventures :-\.

I'm not trying to flame you or your ROMs; I think I had some very unfortunate luck and I'm not sure why. I re-downloaded your ROMs multiple times to ensure nothing was corrupt even.

I'm just frustrated with all the time I wasted during my holiday vacationing to fix many issues that left me without calls/texts/emails from people I needed to talk to.

Slmclarengt