View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 03:33 PM
zero157h7
Regular 'Geeker

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7
Re: Will HTC give us an update

Quote:
Originally Posted by andranic View Post
Well i finally caved and did a rom update on the phone. After havingthe phone lock up on me 4 times since this morning. It is running alot faster but its still not great. Hopefully as time passes more people will be able to fix many of these issues
Is this your first windows mobile device? The reason I ask is because there may be things about your device that you do not know yet that might be helpful in keeping it from locking up.

These are pretty much common knowledge around here but since you are new, here are a couple.

1. X button does not close apps it minimizes them. This can be changed in the settings area of your phone or by hitting the square in the top right hand corner of your screen from tf3d and then clicking the wrench. Then click button and end programs by tapping x. If you want to leave it the other way tapping x minimizes while holding x closes. I prefer tapping and if there is something that I want to minimize I will just hit the hang up key or home key.

You should close apps as they are using up your memory. Somethings are okay left open for instance if you get a lot of text messages, leave it open no big deal, bu there is no need to leave Opera, google maps and who knows what else open. This could be part of the problem. Also if something is open that square that I talked about earlier shows running programs.

2. How long are you going without a soft reset (power cycle)? On older devices people used to say soft reset once every day. I do not do that now but I am probably not a power user. I think the reason is that when you close and app there is still some bit of memory tied up with it so soft resetting the device frees this up. I am just going to assume that you know how to soft reset.