View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 05:59 PM
FormerPalmOS
Regular 'Geeker

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPalmOS View Post
Can't get QuickGPS to run. I can install it OK, but when trying to launch it I get an error about it not being signed with a trusted certificate or missing a component. I have the Windows Mobile security policy set to allow unsigned applications to run (with a prompt) - I never got the prompt - just the error.
I now believe this is a missing component. If I change my security policy to disallow unsigned applications running it won't even start (then again, neither will Total Commander or several other can't-live-without-'em applications). So it isn't signed, but that isn't the problem. It is missing something.

Any ideas? The .cab file I used is dated 1/27/08. It contains 12 files, all of which I confirmed installed:

GPSAux.dll
QGPS_BUT_L.bmp
QGPS_BUT_L2.bmp
QGPS_BUT_P.bmp
QGPS_BUT_P2.bmp
QuickGPS.exe
QuickGPS.exe.409.mui
QuickGPS.htm
Bg_L2.bmp
Bg_P2.bmp
QuickGPS.lnk
QuickGPS_Help.lnk

It adds a service entry to HKLM\Services - I have confirmed that is there but it seems this service does not start or isn't working - I don't see it in TaskMgr nor is there an icon in the lower right corner of the today screen (even after soft reset with TF3D disabled).