View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 05:17 AM
orlandojumpoff
Halfway to VIP Status

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP screen wouldn't turn off with power button... kept getting strange black screen

I had a weird instance happen on one of my pros a little bit ago. I hope I'll be able to explain this well enough for someone to recognize it (i'm pretty tired).
I was charging my pro... i disconnected it from the usb, then went to turn the display off via power button and my screen turned black. Not off, but black. Even in this black mode, you could see fuzzy lines so it was obviously acting strangely (picture an old tv on an input channel not being used. Youd be able to tell the tv was still on...). The phone still functioned, i just couldn't turn the display off at all no matter how many times i pressed power on/off (I'd only get the strange fuzzy black screen). A soft reset fixed this right away... I just think it's weird that it would still acknowledge my power button presses by turning to that black screen... why couldn't it just turn off if it was acknowledging what i wanted?

Has anybody ever had this happen on any of their phones, present or past? I'm thinking this is just an isolated incident, but i'd like to know how rare of an occurance it actually is...
i'd hate to think i'm the only one that this has happened to.

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 12-31-2008 at 05:20 AM.