View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:57 PM
gullzway
VFW Member

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will flashing a custom rom void my warranty?

My 2nd Touch just broke, the charger port no longer worked. I could not reflash a stock Rom. After 2.5 hours at the repair store, they said they would order a replacement Touch. They also said if I bring it in again for repair with a custom ROM they would not replace or repair it as it voids the warranty.

My question is, this is not a warranty issue is it? I am having it repaired/replaced under the TEP program. In the Terms and conditions of the Repair program( in pamphlet at the store) it doesn't say anything about voiding the contract if you have custom software on it.

After coming back home with a charged battery, I was able to put the Stock .nbh on a 512 memory card and reflash through bootloader. So it is Now technically Stock, even though they are already replacing it. Just FYI.