PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DSGamer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Finally solved my problems with lag, weak battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf14 View Post
But it is what it is...both systems have their pros and cons - let's not act like they don't!
Right. If Windows Mobile were thinner in terms of memory footprint and battery life I'd have no qualms about running with a Windows Mobile phone. But I honestly have been amazed since going back to the Centro. With my Touch Pro I was having to charge it at work every day. 4 times in New York I either had to charge it while out and about in the city or I lost all the juice by the end of the day. So far with the Centro it's gone 2 days between charges. So far, so good.

But yeah, it can't do many of the things Windows Mobile can. And of course the screen looks fugly. It works, though. So I'm good. I wasn't trying to pee in anyone's cornflakes. I just kind of finally came to grips with the fact that the TP would never work for me and I wanted to truly thank those who had helped me at least give it a fair shake. I tried everything short of a custom ROM. Eventually my 30 days was getting close and I had to decide if it was going to work out long term or not.

FWIW I find the postings about the pink phones, etc. funny. I can take it. I know a cell phone doesn't determine your manhood.
PDA/Smartphone History: Casio Cassiopeia A-10 -> HP Jornada 430 -> HP Jornada 720 -> HP Joranda 545 -> HP Jornada 720 -> Compaq iPaq 3760 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Zire 31 -> Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro -> T-Mobile G1 -> HTC Touch Pro -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro