View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 12:34 PM
tstall2
Lurker

tstall2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Spb Phone Suite on TP?

Fantastic application. Automatic profile switching is very useful. Can be based on time (automatically go to quite mode while I sleep), events (go to vibrate mode when a meeting is active on my calendar), or hardware (automatically go to LOUD when I plug it in... i.e. headphones and/or car adapter). This product makes my Pro so much more usable I would hate to live without it. I use it with Mobile Shell which I also love and Pocket Plus which is probably not as necessary as it once was on earlier versions of WM. The other alternative to phone suite is Phone Alarm from pocketmax which has a lot more configuration options and something that I desperately wish SPB would implement into Phone suite... repeating alerts. You can customer Phone Alarm to repeat alerts for messages based on priority of message, specific text in the message, or sender. This would be extremely helpful to me in handling high priority messages from work differently than standard e-mail. It has been a while since I played with Phone Alarm, but when I had it working it did the job, but all of the additional options came at a price which was it just seemed harder to work with than Phone Suite. Another option that seemed cool about Phone Alarm is they have added automatic profile switching based on GPS location (e.g. when you drive home, change profile to quite).