da1stprince
PPCGeeks Regular

da1stprince is keeping up the good workda1stprince is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
did it work? Hope so! I'm running Vista too and what I suggested worked for me.

i finally got to the bottom of this issue!!!! it seems that when building your kitchen using the vista os,there are two paths involved in this process..the 1st one is the (c:/program files/ppckitchen.org/buildos/user_oem) the specific folder is the one created by oemizer labeled-(zzzzzOptional_Personal). when you create your personal oem, your settings are saved in this folder.if you have an issue with the oem you created or just want to start fresh without it showing up in your kitchen, you should delete that zzzzzOptional_Personal folder in 2 locations. the first location pathway is mentioned above and second location is located in a hidden location (c:/users/(username,in my case-da1stprince)/appdata/local/virtualstore/program files/ppckitchen.org/buildos/user_oem and delete the 2nd (zzzzzOptional_Personal) folder.** to unhide this folder go to tools -options-under file and folder settings and select-"show hidden files and folders" and that 2nd pathway will be visible. The deletion should be done in that order because, the 2nd pathway is created when you actually create and initialize that personal oem(zzzzzOptional_Personal) in the kitchen. if only created using oemizer,it will not be seen in the 2nd location. i should also mention that you can edit some of your personal oems if you just want to delete some and not all your personal settings saved. Open (zzzzzOptional_Personal) in both locations and make necessary changes,just make sure you do them in both locations. hope this helps you all out like it did for me..
This post has been thanked 1 times.