Old 12-26-2008, 11:21 AM
MadManX
PPCGeeks Regular

MadManX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MadManX
Re: Arcsoft MMS Working on My Touch Pro - 12/8/08

Ok... New update, I spent almost a day just hard resetting my phone with different versions of Arcsoft. Here are versions I was able to find cabs for (most not for Sprint, but I udated what settings I could find).

Arcsoft MMS 5.0.27.25.CAB
- Gets No Errors When Sending, and Completes
- Message NEVER delivers to http://pictures.sprintpcs.com
- Sending from http://pictures.sprintpcs.com, Picture mail is Recieved
- Clean intergration, even with threaded SMS
- SMS sending and recieving still working fine

ArcSoft MMS 5.0.27.43.cab
- Same as v5.0.27.25

Arcsoft MMS 5.0.31.7.cab
- Same as v5.0.27.25

Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24.cab
- Fails all over the place
- Not even worth attempting to tweak on

So, what I'm down to is the newer versions are completly working but for some reason they are never delivering to the network, but the software is getting the OK that they sent successfully. I tried mirroring the v3.x user agent and adjusting some other registry settings to match the FULLY working old version and no luck. If anyone else has any ideas on getting an updated version of Arcsoft to work I'm open to trying them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplaya610 View Post
i tried this program but it only seems to let me send 1 picture at a time... does any1 know how to send more than 1 pic?
The old version there is a green play symbol I think to add more, the newer versions, honestly I'm not sure yet since it fully intergrates into the WM6.1 Threaded SMS and doesn't really hint that you can send more than one at a time.

Oh... Another bonus to the latest versions, shell intergration (similar to how the Sprint MMS adds options to the Picture Viewer), and you can send other file types such as vCards, and I think video (well it was letting me select videos, but none were under the 300k limits and I can get send to work either to begin with).

-MadManX