lbjohnny
PPCGeeks Regular

lbjohnny is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
YEs, it can be undone by unchecking the check boxes and zeroing out the details you entered when making the change. Seconldy you can back up the settings to a file before you actually change anyting using the application Service Programming in QPST.

Batter is mute issue like you guessed.

No reason not to. I have it and can tell you that I am alot more consistant locking than what most state running my ROM. I have yet to do the CAB that GC posted though. Im going to try that now and see if it gets better. I tried it on his ROM and the results were the same as my ROM. Anywhere from 15 to 75 seconds. Thats the exact same speed VZ Nav uses.
I'm getting locks pretty quickly. I think the data connection status is important. I use VZW wireless sync & when I set it to push every 30 minutes vs. constant sync the data connection turns itself off intermittently.

Not an empirical test but when I set data connection to always on I get a pretty quick lock on GPS even after a soft-reset or if I haven't used GPS for hours....again I haven't fully tested this.

This may be why some users lock quickly & other don't?

GC - does AGPS force a data connection when it needs it?