View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 11:52 PM
MrHawaii
No Mo' WinMo :(

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Annoying text message notification during call

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
Hey Guys,

I have been messing around with the registry and I beleive these edits may help. After I did them and I am in a call and receive and alert (text,email, voicemail,) I can still hear the conversation I am having. I am not 100% sure though if it actually helps or I am just thinking it helps. Also when testing it was hard to keep a constant volume level in the different calls. Can some of you please try these registry edits and see if it helps you, I will also post the defaults so you can change it back if you want. Remember to do soft reset after editing the registry. Thanks.

HKCU/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/InCall
Change "AttenuationCategory" value to 1 (default is 2)
Change "InitVol" value to 1 (default is 2)

HKCU/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/InCall2
Change "AttenuationCategory" value to 1 (default is 2)
Change "InitVol" value to 1 (default is 5)

HKCU/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/InCall3
Change "AttenuationCategory" value to 1 (default is 5)
Change "InitVol" value to 1 (default is 4)

In addition I have also found that making these edits below changes the volume for DTMF tones when dialing and the beep when pressing the end key or connecting to a call via call history in phone.

DTMF Tones
HKCU/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/Feedback
Change "AttenuationCategory" value to 1 (default is 0)
Change "InitVol" value to 1 (default is 2)

End Key Press/Call Connect from History
HKCU/ControlPanel/SoundCategories/InCallFeedback
Change "InitVol" value to 1 (default is 4)

Cheers!
Did anyone try this? Like I said after doing this the alert is soft enough that I can continue a conversation with the person I am talking to. The problem is (oddly enough) that I don't talk on my phone a lot so I never noticed this as a problem. So I am not sure if this has helped the problem that others have had. If you experienced this problem, please try the reg edits and let me know if it has helped. Thanks.