View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 10:48 AM
eve6er69
N00b

eve6er69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Treo 800w to be REPLACED by Treo Pro. As in Sprint will stop selling the 800w so

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
Eve6er69, some of your issues with the 800w are like my own, especially having issues and trying various things because you think it resolved things and then the same problems are there again despite all the effort.

I've still got the 800w for now, but I can't say I'm pleased with Palm's handling of many of the issues brought to their attention regarding the device. They've done much better by the Treo Pro regarding issues.

I've got a BB Curve too, that I also use. Can't say I use the 800w for the straight up business critical stuff. As much as I really DON'T like BBs, when it comes to business critical things you need something that does not require soft resets often. (Can't say I remember the last time I reset the BB.) The 800w for me is for lesser important business and personal use. Palm's left me disappointed, can't say I'll be buying any more Palm devices.

And I always assumed that Palm would make a 3.5mm wired adapter for the 800w, but they never did.

Anyway, glad you're happy.

yes i had high hopes for palm because of the speedy updates like usb update and bluetooth voice dialing.

i later lost all hope in palm. yes the 800w is more of a fun phone (if you have a charger near) lol but i recently changed positions at work from being a tech to being a cooridnator so reliability is key for me now.

if i ever get out of this job or downgrade my plan i will probably go back to one of my palms. i still have my 800w and my 755p. but i honestly dont think i can go back due to the speedy app switching and internet on the curve.

i have excelent vision and i was having a hard time seeing the gps screen as well. well the bottom stats that is.
with the curve they seem to have realized that they have a small screen so the blow everything up so it is easier to see.
the only thing i miss is the threaded messaging and pic mail.
but i didnt use them enough for that to be a deal breaker.
This post has been thanked 1 times.