Lurker
Threadstarter

EngravEER is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Headphones Question from TP Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
I don't think they make over the head headphones with a mini-usb jack. You could always use the ones that came with the phone like sportster44 and discipler suggested.

Personally, I use this:

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT-3030-...0038657&sr=8-1

I know you said you don't want to use BT, but this may fit your needs. You can plug in any standard 3.5 MM headphones into this thing. It has a built in mic that allows you to answer calls if needed. Call quality isn't that bad. You can also control Windows Media Player with the controls without having to touch the phone.

It's easy to connect. Just turn on bluetooth on your phone and turn on the device and it pairs it for you.
Blazn' - Yep, saw this Jabra unit earlier when I was searching... starting to think this may be my best bet. Everything I've read on it has been very positive.

One of the reasons I was hoping for a "non-Bluetooth" solution is the battery issue. Have had the TP for only two days now and the battery life is a drastic change from my Palm 700wx (I knew this going in though and was prepared for the "trade-off"). So I'm looking for ways to maximize battery life and figured Bluetooth is a fairly significant drain, hence the reason I was trying to keep that "off" whenever possible.

That Jabra unit does look nice though