View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjohnny View Post
I got AGPS working. The first time you use GPS it takes a long time. After that it seems to fix quickly (I soft-reset & tried to emulate a cold start & got 4 sats in about 30 seconds)..

GC - how can we verify that AGPS is actually working?
Agreed. Once you get the first lock your golden. The first lock can take a couple minutes. I did htis fix on a brand new phnoen less than one hour old and it locked second try in under 15 seconds. First time it timed out with Live Search. Turned locaion off and back on then restarted live search and BAM!

Also note:

I found TomTom 7.45 locks THE FASTES out of all GPS apps. I locked with TomTom and Live search was in the background still trying to lock.

I also compared my phone against a Sprint Cooked ROM on a Sprint device and my **** locked 3x faster than the sprint device.

Here was the conditions:
Temp -15 F
Time 10:00am
Location downtown Fargo ND
My ROM on my XV6850
Sprint Cooked ROM from PPC Kitchen on Sprint device (Co-Worker)
Both OS were 20931 builds.

We both walked down the stairs form our "vault" of an office. We both flicked on TomTom and stood side by side. Mine locked in 7 seconds, his locked in about 23 seconds. A full 15 seconds difference. **** Sprint and all the **** that was talked. I consisitenantly get faster locks than a sprint device.

FTW!!!! llllboredllll forever!

Donations always accepted but never expected!