Old 12-21-2008, 12:58 AM
FrozenIpaq
PPCGeeks Regular

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED-2: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

I have a few questions, I hope they're not much of a nussiance to answer:

1) Must I use HTC GPS Tool everytime I want to use GPS to open to port or is it a set and forget type of deal?
2) With Location On rather than 911 only will that lower the battery life/increase consumption?
3) Since I'm new to GPS on a Pocket PC or even a phone for that matter, is GPS only enabled when asked to be with this hack? (as to preserve battery life).

EDIT: Finding satellites with HTC GPS Tool but not fixing, guess I'm in a bad location right? I'll just try another day, using Stock ROM - able to find satellites but get not fix in my house or immediately outside of it. Too late for me to go outside in the freezing temp and snow

EDIT 2: Was able to fix on some sattelites after being patient although Google Maps is stuck on Initalizing GPS and says the no GPS receiver was found after about 60 seconds of waiting (tried re-installing and still not coming up with any success. I can lock in with HTC GPS Tool but when I try to run google maps after a fix is made it won't initialize the GPS)

Last edited by FrozenIpaq; 12-21-2008 at 01:34 AM.