CenFlo
PPCGeeks Regular

CenFlo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint getting HTC Rhodium

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
I agree that people want a nice large screen. I was just responding to the idea that the HD is somehow miles ahead of the Diamond/Touch Pro. In my opinion, keeping the same device but adding a bigger screen is an incremental update, not a groundbreaking one. New OS or some serious new internal hardware would be a groundbreaking update but there is no real functional or ease-of-use upgrade from the HD. My main concern is with buying something like HD for $400-500 when all signs point to a serious update to the WM line within the next 6 months to a year. I guess maybe some folks can buy a new high-end device every 6 months but for those of us with budgets it seems silly to shell out that kind of scratch for an incremental update when there is a lot more on the near horizon.
I agree with you, but I'll be happy with a larger screen than my Diamond has, that's what I'm wanting. A little more real estate without to much weight any hopefully not to much more thickness or none at all. With the increased footprint a larger battery will also be nice as it should be in there. More power in these devices is a definite +

WM7 will eventually be out, but who knows exactly when? I'll deal with WM6 for the time being and upgrade as needed. It's part of the process and I accept it.

As for the incremental upgrades it's the norm in the tech world. Look at AMD, Intel, HTC, (insert technology company here) and they all do it. Yeah, it sucks but it's part of the product life cycle and it helps offset development costs by giving a return on the investment(s) [ROI].

Most of these companies could easily leap frog their own products and bring to market their developing technology sooner than they do. Again, it's the ROI they look at as well as the consumer need and competitive forces that play in to when a product will drop and be sold to the masses.

If I wanted an HD NOW, I'd pay the $800 + and go to a GSM provider. Sure it'd be cool to be the 1st guy in my neighborhood to have one, but that's the reason I want it.

Hell, with all the issues I've had with my Diamond and the GPS not consistently working I may go back to my Vogue and use it until the HD comes available at Alltel.

At the end of the day it really comes down to how much $$ you want to spend for what makes you feel happy.