Walt
PPCGeeks Regular

Walt is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want MORE RAM? Disable HTC Dialer Skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbnmu View Post
This is not my work and I don't take any credit for it...Am just glad I stumbled on this on Xda Dev. Basically it disables the HTC volume key so that we can use it to +/- volume while making a call with the stock dialler. I have tried it, but the only draw back is that it does not seem to work on speakerphone.Here's the cab:
Like the others here, I switched to the standard WM dialer, and was disappointed to loose the ability to adjust both the earpiece and the speaker phone volume during a call.

I see that a .cab was developed, but it is confusing me a bit. Hopefully someone here can straighten me out.

I thought this .cab purpose was to add back volume control, not remove it (the name of the .cab starts with "Remove"). Possibly it is just that I am misunderstanding things, but how does removing the HTC volume control restore my ability to control the earpiece volume?

And does removing the HTC volume control, remove the ability to still adjust the system volume and the ringer volume (of course when not during a call)?

Sorry to ask possibly dumb questions, but without a .cab to back out this change, I am kind of overly cautious of installing it.