View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 PM
neodorian
Halfway to VIP Status

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint getting HTC Rhodium

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
Not to make a obvious statement but that's what everyone truly wants is a larger screen...Also if Win Mobile was easier to ise for first time users the popularity would sky rocket...Nice clean interface so "simple" people have what they want while others like "PPCGEEKS" can turn their phones into what they like...
I agree that people want a nice large screen. I was just responding to the idea that the HD is somehow miles ahead of the Diamond/Touch Pro. In my opinion, keeping the same device but adding a bigger screen is an incremental update, not a groundbreaking one. New OS or some serious new internal hardware would be a groundbreaking update but there is no real functional or ease-of-use upgrade from the HD. My main concern is with buying something like HD for $400-500 when all signs point to a serious update to the WM line within the next 6 months to a year. I guess maybe some folks can buy a new high-end device every 6 months but for those of us with budgets it seems silly to shell out that kind of scratch for an incremental update when there is a lot more on the near horizon.