View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 03:51 PM
blazinazn
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: First Post Need some help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orgzx6r View Post
Ok I admit it I am a complete PPC newb, I just got my first one, the HTC TP on Sunday, and let me tell you it has been great so far, but I want to make it even better...

First off I have searched, a lot, so please don't flame me, if you would like to point me to a thread that would be helpful, feel free, I can research more on my own...

Roms, cooking, baked, kitchens, cabs,TF3.0, TF3D...

A Rom is like your OS right, and in order to load it you have to unlock and flash your phone, OK.....Cooking, baked, kithcen, are all terms I can look up later but they involve making your own rom? I don't think I am quite up for that...yet

Cabs, so these are the easy way out? Ok still confused about these, do these just basically do the changes for you?

I am thinking about installing Goodthings2Life TP clean up cab but I know I will want more than that...

I want the clear flip clock, a new font, and his clean up that has the audio booster file.

Can I do all of that through installing cabs?

Most importantly I want this to be quick and stable, and if I could improve battery life to that would be great!

I am open for anything, even if that means customizing my own, but I need some help, like I said I am a complete newb, I just need a more solid grasp of the information, so if you can help, please post, if nothing else links to threads that have great information would be awesome, Thanks!
Kitchen, Cooks, baked, chefs etc deal with creating your own ROM's yes. Chefs are the creators, you create the ROM or "bake" them. Kitchen refers to the tools they use.

Some people use .cabs because they are uncomfortable with going into the registry and doing it themselves. Check out the essentials thread, it's stickied.

You should be able to find pretty much anything you need around here. Lots of knowledge, all you need is the time and patience to learn.
This post has been thanked 1 times.